Friday, August 7, 2009

Give me a "whoot, whoot"

That's right! The big day (or should I say week) is here!
This is my favorite time of year... NO! Not 'Back-to-school', that actually makes me cry!... it's time to escape the world! Spend an entire week surrounded by women, estrogen flowing freely. No cell phones, no television. Not even a 'blip' of what's happening in the world.
Camping is one of my absolute favorite pastimes. While the work is hard... intense...and often too dramatic... there's not a place I'd rather be!
This moment has been building inside me since January. Blood, sweat, and tears have gone into planning. (Okay... maybe not blood... and I'm not a fan of tears... but for sure SWEAT!) Long nights, lots of prayers, tons and tons of emails and phone calls. Visiting store, after store, after store, trying to find the right schtuff.
For me... it's also been countless hours on my computer. Developing love-hate relationships with images and fonts. Cussing at my printer and physically assaulting my keyboard on more than one occasion.
Neglecting my kids, my husband, and almost all my 'housewife responsibilities' in the past few days... it's CRUNCH TIME!
These are the moments I live for. When I am fed spiritually, and I feel the Lord's love guiding and inspiring me. I truly know that I am an instrument in his hands. There are so many things I could not accomplish if he did not want it. He has stepped in when I could not go any further. He has blessed my mind and my heart. In spite of all my MANY inadiquacies... he has not given up on me!
I've had my moments of doubt. Even yesterday I had to learn a hard lesson on 'boundries' with people. I have learned so much about myself, and ultimately I have become much closer to my Heavenly Father.
I have worried about friends, what people think, how I am percieved, and how I am treated. All-in-all I have learned that none of that matters. I have a job to do, and a calling to fullfil. I need to serve to the best of my capacity and if I make friends along the way?... great! If not?... that's okay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I like reading what you write. Sucks that all the drama had to lead to an anonymous blog, but I'm glad you're still doing it!
adub

Winders said...

I almost forgot to mention...You can rest assured that I am most certainly an imperfect person existing in the same perfect society that you do. Oh, and my "Mr. Smith" is also imperfect, and so are my children. You're not alone!

adub