Sunday, July 19, 2009

Boobies

Every Mom has a story like this... this is mine...


(Inside a very public, very crowded dressing room. I'm really bothered with the fact that I have to buy something specific to wear to an event. It's hard enough to find something that fits well, let alone in a certain color, and by a certain date...argh! So I'm frustrated and in a rush, dragging Sassy Pants all around stores)

Sassy Pants: "Mom! I like your boobies!"
As I'm standing in front of her with my shirt off.
Me: "Thanks!" (in a whisper)

She then pinches her little nipples a couple times and says...
Sassy Pants: "Are these my boobies?"
Me: "Yep" (still whispering)

Sassy Pants: "Will my boobies grow big like yours?"
Me: "Yes... they will." (then I put my finger to my lips and 'shh' her)

A few seconds pass, she is still pinching herself
Sassy Pants: "How long?... 3 years?" (as she hold up two fingers)
I'm shaking my head 'no' back and forth

Sassy Pants: "... 5 years?" (as she holds up three fingers)
I keep shaking my head 'no' and I hold up both hands to show her all ten fingers
Sassy Pants: "10 years!... Argh!!! (as she stomps her foot and her hands fall down to her sides) That's along time!"

At this point I hear two ladies giggle. I thought the conversation was over...thankfully.

Then as I put my shirt on to leave, she says...
Sassy Pants: "Mom! I can't wait till my boobies get big like yours!"
Which gets us two more giggles and one loud belly laugh.

Love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair at work. I seriously have tears in my eyes from laughing.

BEST story EVER!!!

Love ya!
Anita

Anonymous said...

This is killing me!! I am crying!!! She is so cute. Boobies :-)
~M