Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sweet and Sassy


It's hard to believe... my Sassy Pants is now 4 years-old!
She has been such a wonderful and fun kid to have. I need to watch myself, because I'm afraid I will give her a complex... she really is a good kid! You know how parents label their children... the smart one, the athletic one, the artistic one... I don't want her to think she is my naughty one, or the 'stinker' as her sisters say. (even if it's true)

She has come a long way this year! She has learned to go potty... which was quite an accomplishment. She is going to start her second year of Pre-school, and she is learning and growing so fast.
She does not like to be left behind... so much that she refuses to EVER be the last one out the door, or in the car, or anything we may be doing.
She is spunky, and has crazy amounts of energy. She loves to smile, and has become so much more cheerful in the last bit.
Sassy Pants is one of the fastest kids I've ever seen. She has the speed and coordination of an animal, instead of a human. And if you know the background of her physical development... it's incredible!
She is really smart... too smart... and can read people like a book. She adores cat's and dog's, and can be rather gentle with them.
She is surprisingly sensitive. In being softer with her, she becomes softer. And she can get so hurt if she thinks you are mad or angry with her.
She has developed the funniest story telling abilities. She has become quite the talker! She follows me around all day starting her sentences with "Guess what?" (It's all I can do to not answer with Chicken Butt... how mature am I?) She makes a cute click-type sound with her tongue behind the top of her teeth and the roof of her mouth. And she'll pause between sentences with a "tsh, tsh...well...tsh, tsh...well..." I love it!
She LOVES Mr. Smith. She is a 'daddy's girl' and he loves it. She wraps her arms around his neck so tight! If her tries to leave in the morning without giving her a kiss... she gets so ticked! If she's hurt, he is the one to comfort her. She always asks him when he leaves for work "Daddy? Will you come home to me?" and he always answers "I'll be home at dinner time." And she'll smile and hug him again. She just wants to here him say it each day.
She has NO FEAR! And while it may be difficult for Mr. Smith and I... I know that she will accomplish so much in life.
I love my little Sassy Pants... she's my spice in life!

No comments: